Monday, December 1, 2014

   

A Reoccurring Message


     Jeremiah 29:11. The verse keeps showing up here lately. "'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" Jeremiah 29:11.

     Everyone knows that verse. Its about as common as Philippians 4:13 or even John 3:16. But why is it showing up over and over again? Am I just now noticing this message? There has to be a reason. So the most important question is: what do I do with it?
     I believe that when a message keeps popping up, it must be important! Since I keep seeing this verse and it keeps tugging on my heart, that takes me back to my the burning question. What in the world do I do with it? What do you do with any reoccurring message? The quickest answer I can give you is to listen. And that's what I'm trying to do.
     It took me a long time to figure out that I don't have to do it alone. While I think it is very important to be a little independent, it is more important to me to know that God will never give me something to do that can't be done. I have to trust in His wisdom and timing. He knows me better than anyone. He knows me better than I know myself. He knows exactly what I'm strong enough for, and I'm even stronger than I ever think possible when I follow Him.
     "'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord." He already has it figured out. It's time to stop trying to figure it out for myself and trust Him.


No comments:

Post a Comment